Position Title : Human Resources Management Officer (Quote Ref HRMO1)
Reports to : Human Resources Manager
Team : Administration
Location : Lighthouse Lilongwe CoE
Overview of the Position:
To provide specialized or general support of the day to day management and administration of the Human Resources function at Lighthouse Trust.
Responsibilities (which include, but not limited to):
- Assist in all administrative functions linked to recruitment, including developing and posting vacancy announcements.
- Support the orientation and on boarding of new employees, including orienting staff regarding employment conditions, registering staff for benefits schemes
- Assist with staff performance management system and ensure that key dates and deadlines are met.
- Ensure that all personal files are updated and contain relevant documents, and also maintain a complete and up to date data base of Lighthouse staff
- Ensure that all staff have up to date employment contracts and job descriptions
- Ensure compliance with all Human Resource internal policies and procedures as well as external regulatory concerns and applicable Malawi labour laws throughout Human Resource management.
- Support the administration of Lighthouse Trust benefits schemes.
- Support administration of employee leave and other leave related processes.
- Prepare monthly payroll HR communication and communicate to Finance department.
- Develop, monitor, review and implement HR strategies, system and procedures across Lighthouse.
- Interpreting and advising on employment legislation.
- Timely submission of HR reports
- Support the HR Manager in implementing, monitoring and review of HR policies
- Support disciplinary procedures in line with Lighthouse HR policy and Malawi employment legislation.
- Plan for exit interviews for employees exiting Lighthouse as part of collecting information to help improve LH processes
Education and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field from a recognized University
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing Human Resource functions.
- Ability to be self-directed and self-motivated and a team player.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Fluency in English
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send applications with cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of Certificates, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three traceable referees. Please clearly quote the reference number on the outside of the envelope.
Applications should be received not later than 19th March, 2021 to the following address:
The Executive Director
Kamuzu Central Hospital
P O BOX 106
NOTE: Those currently employed by the Government are not eligible to apply for this position.
Only those shortlisted candidates will be communicated